Raleigh Pediatric physicians are currently completing virtual telehealth visits using the Doxy.me platform. During this public health crisis we are doing all we can to minimize you and your child’s exposure outside of your home. For that reason we have quickly implemented virtual visits for a number of sick and consult appointment types. Not all visits can be completed by video and some still require an in-person physical examination or labs, but many can be virtual. Please call our office to speak with one of our appointment staff to determine if a virtual visit may be an alternative for your child today.
Below are the steps to have a successful Virtual Appointment.
- Call either office to schedule an appointment for a virtual visit:
- Raleigh (919)872-0250 or Garner (919)779-6423
- If you have questions about whether your appointment can be completed virtually, you can leave a message for our advice nurse to call you back to decide.
- Once an appointment has been scheduled, one of our clinical team will call you before your appointment time to discuss the details for your child’s visit.
- When it is time for your appointment – Connect to our virtual waiting room using this link or the link provided in the pre-visit message (email)
- Enter your child’s First and Last name so the physician can find the correct call
- Be sure you are in a quiet location, preferably at your home, with good internet service and low background noise.
- The child should be present for most telehealth appointments. Please have them in the room and/or nearby for the physician to visually examine the patient.
- Ensure your location is well lit so that the physician can see your child easily.
- It is helpful to have a flashlight ready so the physician can see in the child’s mouth or look at a specific body part.
- If this is the first time that you have had a virtual visit, watch this video and review these Tips for a Great Call before your appointment.
We hope that by adding this service during these challenging times, we can continue to offer our patients the best care possible.